Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Everyone Else Here Has Done It...Why Can't You?

This is the statement the Asian gift shop clerk said to me when I told him I would love to relocate to New York City. I have thought about this statement many times since I got home, and although I know he is absolutely right, it's hard to give up everything and go. My question is this...Why Can't I? I guess it's that I am more responsible than I give myself credit for, or it could be the unknown. To give up family, friends, employment, house, etc. does seem very scary, but the fact is, sometimes you have to let go of these things to experience life.
In the last 6 months, I have realized there is a lot more to this country than the Southeast. Now, being 33 years old, I have known this for quite sometime, but getting out and seeing different parts of the country has done nothing but peek my interest. I like the "small town" living...that's all I know: Pascagoula, MS, Hattiesburg, MS, and Mobile, AL. Am I the only one who wonders what it would be like to pick up and go? Surely not. There are millions of people who have done it and have succeeded...Why Can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment